Our Wood Finishes
Our furniture is finished with a clear catalyzed conversion varnish. Conversion varnish is the most commonly used finish for high-end furniture. When properly cared for, the beauty of the finish will be enjoyed for many generations.
Benefits of a conversion varnish topcoat:
- Moisture-Resistant: Our finish is resistant to moisture damage. When you spill something on your furniture, simply wipe it up and allow it to dry. For example, if you leave a glass on your furniture overnight, it will likely leave a moisture ring. However, simply dry the liquid and the finish will allow the moisture to dissipate within a few hours. This is not true for the finish used on lower quality furniture.
- Durable: Our finish is fully cured within 30 days of being applied. Once fully cured, it provides excellent resistance to damage from food, beverages, and common household chemicals.
Guidance for preserving the beauty of your conversion varnish topcoat:
- Only use wax-free polishes on your topcoat. Polishes with wax can leave a build up which clouds the finish.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach which can break down the finish.
- Avoid cleaners with abrasives which can scratch the finish.
- Avoid cleaners with ammonia which can discolor the finish.
- Dyes and ink may discolor the finish. For example, ink and dyes from newspapers and plastic bags may penetrate the finish if they are moist.
- Conversion varnish is a hard mar-resistant surface, but like any finish on real wood, it can be scratched or damaged without proper care.